Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 3 Practical Experience- iMovie-Post #3


With iMovie, it is so easy to use the special effect tools inside the program. One such tool is changing the speed of a clip. With iMovie, you can change a clip to slow-mo or even make the clip seem as if you are pushing fast forward. You can even select the duration and iMovie will adjust the clip accordingly. Picture in Picture is a neat feature that allows you to view two clips at the same time. Another cool feature that I really hope to use soon is the green screen feature. I saw this used this past summer in a production of "The Wizard of Oz" where a green screen was used to create a tornado video with some of the characters. It was really well done and I was wondering how it all worked and looked good. Obviously, iMovie makes it easy for the moviemaker. Now if only I had a green screen to work with, I could really get some experience. I did however work a little with picture in picture especially with my band and their show. Even though these are small little features in iMovie, when you know how to use them, you can really create a professional looking movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment