Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 4 Practical Experience Post 3-Flash

Call me goofy or crazy, but I just get excited watching all these tutorials on Flash. Maybe I was just never aware of all the things a program could do or how easy almost anyone with a little bit of training can do these animation projects. One of the first videos I watched recently was on masking. You can literally take a graphic and mask it at certain points in your timeline and make it reappear like it's being drawn on the movie or background. It takes a lot of practice to get it just the way you want it and I had to watch the video a few times to get all the steps correct but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. The one thing that really brings me down about this program is that it offers too much. It seems like there is so much to do and have to know about this program before using it fully. So many different options and menus that can be used just makes it very confusing. Just like with the masking video, I had to watch some clips over again to get a feel as to where the menu was for a certain feature. Not saying this is a bad thing cause I love all the choices, just makes it really hard to efficiently use the program. I continued to watch videos on using custom animation inside a particular graphic whether it be a fish or a human body, you can manipulate the graphic to make it more realistic. While working through these tutorials, I really hope I can be able to use all the knowledge I learned at Full Sail to produce great looking projects not only using Flash but all programs I come into contact with at Full Sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment